We’re lucky enough to have a second engineering workshop on hand, with the capability of milling, turning and 3D printing. To date, our large machines are a Marlow 2A mill and a Colchester Master lathe. This gives us the ability to make and modify parts on a fairly regular basis. The most common job we’re asked to do is to modify 11 speed road cassettes to fit on a 10 speed freehub body.
We can remove broken bolts, stripped/spinning rivnuts can be replaced, we can bond and rivet on front mech braze on mounts, manufacture end caps for hubs.
Some of the engineering services we can offer include:
- Stripped thread repair
- Broken bolt extraction
- Seized seatpost removal
- Loose rivnut removal and replacement
- Cassette machining (to fit your 11 speed cassette onto a 10 speed wheel)
- Custom tool manufacture (bearing pullers/presses etc.)
- General spacer manufacture (chainline spacers, hub spacers etc.)
- General turning and milling
- 3D printing
- CAD services
A small sample of some of the jobs we’ve done over the years